Paneer Pepper Masala | Paneer Pepper Fry
1 cup (250gm) of paneer cubes
3 onions, sliced thin
1.5 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
1 1/4 tsp of whole black pepper, crushed
1/2 tsp of garam masala
1/4 tsp of fennel powder
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of soya sauce
2 tsp of tomato ketchup or sauce
A few curry leaves
1 tbsp of oil
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish, chopped
How It's Made:
1. Soak frozen paneer cubes in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Cut into smaller cubes / halves.
2. In a pan, heat the oil and add sliced onions. Fry till golden brown. Add green chilli and sauté for a minute.
3. Add the ginger-garlic paste. Let it cook till the raw smell leaves the paste (about 2-3 mins).
4. Add turmeric powder, garam masala, fennel powder, and crushed pepper. Saute for 1-2 mins.
5. Add soya sauce and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
6. Add 1/4 cup water and salt and mix well.
7. Add paneer cubes and mix well till the masala coats the paneer. Bring to boil.
8. Add curry leaves, cover the pan and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes. You should cook till the masala turns darker ( a deep dark brown/black) and dry with the masala coating the paneer pieces as in the picture above.
9. Add some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve hot with rice or rotis.