Instant Rava Dosa
Rava dosa is a popular south Indian thin and crispy recipe Rava dosas are quick to make as compare to normal dosa as no fermentation is required in this recipe.
Rava/ Sooji – 1 cup Fine quality
Rice flour – ½ Cup
Maida – ½ cup
Onion – ¼ finely chopped
Coriander leaves – finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – A pinch
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Desi ghee – To drizzle
Mix all the ingredients except mustard seeds. Now heat little oil in a wok spulletr mustard seeds now add into the mixture. Add more water if needed to max mixture thin. Set aside for 15 minutes Heat non stick tava till on medium flame till it become very hot use a ladder and drizzle the mixture on tava see you don’t pour lot of batter in one spot now let it cook for 1 minute now sprinkle desi ghee and cook it for 3-4 minutes till it turns to golden brown in colour. No need to cook other side as these dosas are really thin.
1. After making few dosas if the batter looks thick do add water to it to make it thin.
2. It should be thicker than water. Not as thick as our normal dosa batter.
3. The flour tends to settle at the bottom so always mix it with a ladle before making dosas. Do this each time u make dosas.
4. If you want the dosas not so crispy, take them when it is lightly golden.
5. You can add a little more maida if the dosas are not coming proper. I do with this proportion and never did that.