· Refined flour-150 gms
· Carom seeds-a pinch of
· Baking powder-1/3tsp
· Ghee-1.5 tbls
· Salt-1/2 tsp
· Sugar-1/4 tsp
· Fresh coriander-2 tbsp
· Boiled potato-50 gms
· Cottage cheese-50 gms
· Pepper powder-1/4 tsp\
· Chilli flakes-1/2 tsp
· Dried fenugreek leaves(kasoori methi)-1/2 tsp
· Dried pomegranate seeds -1 tsp
· Chopped pistachio-6
· Chopped raisins-8
· Chopped green chilies-2
· Salt-1/2 tsp
1. Grind dried pomegranate seeds (anardana) to a coarse powder and crush dried fenugreek leaves.
2. Take refined flour, ghee, salt, sugar, baking powder, carom seeds and coriander leaves and mix well
3. Add just enough water to make a medium soft dough, cover and let it rest for 2-3 hours.
4. Mash boiled potato and cottage cheese (paneer).
5. Add all the spices for filling in the potato and cottage cheese mixture and mix well.
6. Knead the dough and make medium sized balls from the dough.
7. Take a ball and roll a bit and stuff with 1 tbsp of potato mixture and close the ball.
8. Dust it with flour and roll to make a medium thick round or oval disc.
9. Apply few drops of water on the rolled kulcha and spread all over it.
10. Now stick the kulcha on a moderately hot griddle (tawa) with the wet side facing down (to the surface of the tawa/griddle, so that it sticks to it).
11. Cook for few seconds till light golden spot appears on the side.
12. Flip over and cook again till light brown spots start appearing.
13. Now drizzle 1 tsp of oil or butter and roast from both the sides for few seconds.
14. Serve hot with chhole or any rich gravy .