Baighan Bhaja ( Eggplant/Brinjal Fries
· 1 large eggplant cut into half inch round slices
· 1 tsp chili powder
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· 1 tsp garam masala powder (optional)
· 1 tsp dried mango/amchur powder (optional)
· rice flour /Besan as required
· salt as required
· mustard oil for frying
1. Rinse the eggplant well in water.
2. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Now slice the eggplant in 1/2 inch thick roundels.
4. Soak these slices in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove and pat dry all the slices.
6. Now add all the spice powders and salt and mix the slices well.
7. Marinate for 5-7 minutes.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. Take rice flour/Besan (Cheakpea flour) in a plate.
10. Coat each slice with flour.
11. Dust off the extra flour.
12. Now pan fry the aubergine slices till crisp and golden brown on both sides.
13. Drain on paper tissues.
If you ar using Besan (Cheakpea Flour) then mix it with some water and little bit bit salt now coat each side of brinjal with this and fry.